Contact Lens Examination
Our doctors will recommend the best contact lenses for you based on a complete eye examination and a review of your visual needs both at work and play. Since most people can wear more than one type of lens, itâ€™s important to know what the choices are and the advantages and disadvantages to each.
This decision is based on several factors including:
- The amount & type of your prescription
- If you need bifocals and separate prescription for reading or computer use
- The curvature of your eye (and whether you have keratoconus or pellucid marginal degeneration)
- Tear quality and quantity
- Your visual demands at work and play
- Your health and medications you are taking
- If you have amblyopia or strabismus
Regardless of the type of contact lenses you wear, an annual eye exam is recommended to ensure the continued good health of your eyes.